Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Share Data Shuttle Workflows

We are fortunate to have multiple Data Shuttle gurus in our organization, but it has become difficult to track who owns the workflows that manage different dropdowns and sheet rows. It would be fantastic if there were ways for all users to easily identify what dropdowns/rows are being updated via Data Shuttle workflows, and better yet, be able to view or edit them. Here's a sample scenario, along with some suggested improvements:

Scenario: We populate project-selection dropdowns on many different forms using Data Shuttle. Today a team member contacted me because one form's project-selection dropdown was missing some recent projects. I wasn't able to tell any of the following:

1. Is the dropdown list maintained manually or via Data Shuttle?
  2. If via Data Shuttle, who owns that workflow?
  3. What are the workflow settings?

To make troubleshooting easy, I recommend the following:

1. Add an indication to the sheet that a Data Shuttle workflow is in play. (e.g. a note in the column settings that says "* Dropdown list managed via Data Shuttle workflow."
  2. Better yet, make the note say, "* Dropdown list managed via Data Shuttle workflow owned by user xyz."
  3. As the best option, make that note a clickable link that takes you to the Data Shuttle workflow itself. The owner of the workflow could enable view and edit permissions on each workflow.
Up
58 votes

On Radar·Last Updated

This is a really valuable idea, and we would like to further consider how we can highlight areas that are part of a Data Shuttle workflow. Whilst not part of our current plans, we use feedback like this to shape decisions for the future.

Comments