Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Quick Sort Card View (Sheets and Reports)

允许用户to sort card lanes (individual lanes) both in sheet and card view in order to ease workflow. This is a fairly common features in most Kanban softwares and would be a welcome addition to improve Smartsheet.

Ideally this would be something a user could do themselves OR is an automation or report level standard (e.g. like in grid view how you can sort by dates, titles, etc.)

Tags:
Up
36 votes

On Wishlist·Last Updated

We have some exciting new updates coming to Card View and support for in-lane sorting is part of that longer-term refresh. While it's still too early to share specifics, please continue to up vote this idea and keep an eye on it for future updates!

Comments

• It would be very helpful to have the ability to sort in card view. For example, one of our use cases is tracking sales opportunities in a sheet and we like to use card view to visually see the opportunities by expected close data (Q1, Q2, etc.) and/or other data dimensions (opportunity stage, etc.).

As we review each stage or timeframe, it would be helpful to sort the cards to bring the higher value opportunities to the top. Or, the opportunities at higher risk, etc. today, we have to scroll through the list manually

• In addition, being able to sort cards BY DATE would be helpful to track higher priority projects/tasks. Just like Patrick said, sorting cards is commonplace in other relational databases so this is a feature that would be extremely useful on SS. Thank you for the consideration!

• Yes, PLEASE to all of the above! I'm afraid without this my team is going to want to abandon this solution altogether since card view was how I got everyone on board to begin with, just to realize it's slowly us down with these limitations.

• We need a feature to be able to sort the card view by either due date or priority or both. the sorting feature on the grid view is perfect, just need it to be able to apply to the card view and be automatic.