What does it look like to operate at your peak? Join the conversation

Arsineh
Arsineh Employee Admin
edited 10/24/23 inShow & Tell

Hello Community Members,

When I browse our Show and Tell category or exploring answers shared on our Question of the Month, I'm instantly in awe of all the incredible work our members do at work, for their communities and families.

I want to know what is it that recharges you and gets you in the mental and physical state to do your best.

What does it look like to operate at your peak?

Share what it means to operate at your peak in the comments below.

Screenshot 2023-10-23 at 10.33.44 AM.png

Here's what a few Smartsheet teammates had to say:

"I have four children, so recharging outside of work looks a lot like sleeping. But also spending time with my family. I come from a big family. We like to do big holidays, big family vacations, and those always recharge me."

Miya McClain, VP of Product Management, Smartsheet

"I definitely work at my peak when I’m feeling good physically. For me, that means getting the work out in the morning — making sure I get enough sleep and I eat well. There’s a really big connection with feeling physically good and being at my peak at work."

Andrew Bennett, CMO, Smartsheet

At Smartsheet, we believe that our greatest power is unlocking the power of others. When our work is fulfilling, we can bring our best selves to work.

Live in the Seattle or Chicago area? You may have seen one of our Operate at Peak Human ads.Get more info on where you can spot them.

Tags:

Comments

• Loann McGee
    Loann McGee ✭✭✭✭✭✭

我在高峰的时候,当我帮助别人. At work, that means helping to get our studio interviews booked in a timely manner, making sure accuracy all of the myriad of data in all of our sheets/pages within Smartsheet -SS, as we call it in house, not to be confused with Sunday School. :)

I even use SS for home - tracking our cell phone bill so each participant knows the amount they owe, our yearly Christmas gift budget and what has been purchased (this is such a great help!).

I get recharged to operate at my peak by being with our family, baking homemade sourdough breads, canning, but especially through our amazing women's bible study group and our church family. It's my fuel for life.

Last, is the beautiful mountains I see every morning on my way to work.

Mountain view from early morning.png

• Steven Sawyer
    Steven Sawyer Overachievers

When I operate at my peak I am well rested, hyper focused, alert, and in sync with my team. I am also busy but not overwhelmed and everything is clicking. Challenges are overcome and not roadblocks. Positive attitude and outlook. This doesn't happen often but is something I strive for every day.

• Alison Clancy
    Alison Clancy Employee Admin

I operate at peak human when I have balance in my life across the major categories that I constantly monitor: Mental and Physical. These broad categories deep dive one click down into subcategories of work, family, friends, health, etc. I'm a person who tends to go real hard and fast in one category and then lets the others slide, and the repercussions aren't, well, awesome! So I'm constantly taking inventory of how I am I feeling and what parts of my life do I need to tend to? Always a work in progress.

• Andria Hoyle
    Andria Hoyle Overachievers

I operate at Peak Human when I'm operating with Peak Humans :) I'm very much energized by collaborators that are excellent at what they do and help me to be excellent at identifying what needs to be done and doing it. When I'm partnering with people who are enthusiastic, engaged, considerate, and efficient, I always find myself being more so! I stay operating at Peak Human by finding ways to collab with those who inspire me and work well with me to help goals be made.

• Samuel Mueller
    Samuel Mueller Overachievers

I'm at my peak when I get to create a new streamlined process for a team that has been doing tons of manual and duplicate work (after coffee though). I love being able to come in and help them save time and do their work better. Knowing that I am saving them time and increasing collaboration inspires me to come up with new ideas that I can share to the next team.

I recharge by taking beach vacations with my wife, playing sports with my friends and spending time with my family.

• Lucas Rayala
    Lucas Rayala ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm at peak when I can resolve inner conflict so it's not slowing me down. That may mean picking up the house, meditating, or jumping in Lake Washington; whenever I can clear my mind and just be present in whatever I'm doing. At work, when I'm in that place, I can sit back and absorb complication and see through to understanding. When I'm at home, I can play with my kids and give them what they need.

• Salèha El D.
    Salèha El D. ✭✭✭✭

When thinking of what it looks like when operating at my peak level, I think ''3D spectrum perspective''.

I work in a very busy environment, the professionals I work with require different level of support, this require a high level of organisation, and focus. When I am at my peak, all my senses are heightened, the excitement and the motivation to get a project on the go, means that, at a point of time I will need my batteries recharged.

So, I have one set routine that I follow to the letter.

• Mornings always start with a 6.00am Power Walk with my dog, come rain or shine we are out there - we live in such a beautiful part of the UK, this is my daily Mindfulness practice, my time to be in tune with nature.
    • At home, my work phone must stay in the office, this allows me to be fully enjoy my time with my husband, my son and my dog.
    • No electronic devices in the bedroom! I find this help with promoting a healthy sleeping pattern.
    • I always take a 2 weeks summer holidays, it has to be 2 weeks to be able to switch off from work, it is normally a very active holiday.

S.

Salèha El D.

Talks about#Smartsheet #productivity, #eventindustry, and #informationtechnology

➖Continuous improvement – for me, an ongoing desire to enhance processes, and increase productivity ➖